Canon Digital Rebel XSi 12MP Digital SLR Camera Reviews Video Clip and Buy Product

April 4, 2009

XSi - The Ideal Choice For a Canon Rebel SLR Camera

The Canon Rebel XSi is my first digital SLR, and I've been using it for around three months now. I must admit I was a bit wary about getting a brand new camera, but I've always liked Canon cameras since I used an ELAN II back in high school. Two years ago I also bought a Canon SD600 and I was happy with it. So far, this Canon Rebel SLR camera hasn't disappointed me yet. The Rebel XSi's IS lens works wonders on my shots. If you're planning on getting a Rebel XSi as well but you're having second thoughts, here are some pros and cons that can hopefully help you decide.
Let's start with the battery life. The XSi's battery life is amazing. I could take more than 5000 pictures and the battery only went low twice. The Live View feature, contrary to what a lot of people think, is not a replacement for point and shoot. For one, you can't use the Live View feature in Auto mode, which makes it not-so-user-friendly for beginners. The feature is more suited for professionals such as landscape photographers and those who do studio work, because they can connect the camera to the PC and use it for remote viewing.
As for image quality, I must say I've been successful in taking pictures both in studio and outdoor settings. When I was in the studio, I used tungsten lights on the subject set against a white background. The image quality was great; perfect skin tones and very little chromatic aberration around the edges. I got into book keeping just recently, and I thought taking close-up pictures of the bees would be a good way to test the quality of outdoor shots. I was not disappointed. At all. The camera captured such crisp details even though the lens is a bit short. The pictures turned out great, considering the lens only cost $100.
All in all, the Canon Rebel SLR camera is solid, feels sturdy, not too heavy nor too light, and it fits right in your hand. If you're looking for a great camera and you're not restricted by your budget, the XSi is the way to go. The Rebel XSi may be a bit too pricey for some people's standards, but I say it's worth every single cent and you'll have the quality photos to prove it. If you don't mind waiting a bit more, you can wait for its price to go down so that you can spend the money on extra lenses or accessories instead.
Getting the perfect camera, is never an easy thing, especially with way digital technology is constantly changing. Fortunately, there are plenty of helpful websites online, that can narrow down your search and help you find the camera with all the features important to you.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Chris_Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment